Published on April 5, 2018
Are you going to the doctor soon? Here are 5 things you can do to prepare.
Prepare for your doctor’s visit
- Bring your insurance card with you. After signing up for a plan, you should have received a card or other proof of your insurance in the mail. (If you didn’t receive a card, contact your health plan.)
- Know your family medical history. Share your family medical history and medical records with your doctor, if you have them.
- Make a list of all the medications you take. Be sure to tell your supplier the dosages.
- Bring a list of questions and things to discuss. Write down your questions or concerns in advance. You may want to bring a friend or family member with you to help.
- To take notes. Write down any questions that come up during your appointment. Do not leave until you have answered all your questions and understand the procedure.