Published on May 3, 2018
Your health and well-being are important and personal. You should have a doctor you trust and feel comfortable with.
5 questions to ask yourself after a visit to the doctor
- Have all your health needs been met?
- Was the doctor attentive to your concerns?
- Did the doctor answer your questions in an easy to understand way?
- Did the doctor speak in a way that made you feel comfortable?
- Could you contact the doctor/practice staff for further questions?
- If you answered “Yes” to the questions above, you may have found a doctor that’s right for you.
- If you answered “No” to any of these questions, do you think the doctor would make any changes if you talked? Sometimes asking for what you need is the best way to get it.
- If you decide to change doctors, start by checking your plan’s list of providers. Get tips for finding a new supplier (PDF).