Published on June 7, 2018
If you or a member of your household had a baby or adopted a child in the past 60 days, you may qualify for a . This means that you may be able to enroll or switch health insurance Marketplace for the rest of 2018.
How to apply with a special registration period
- If you are new to HealthCare.gov, create an account to complete an application for the first time.
- If you already have an account, login to update your existing app with your household change.
- When you enroll or change plans with a special enrollment period, your new health coverage can begin the day your baby is born, even if you enroll in the plan up to 60 days after.
Learn more about special registration periods
- Having a baby isn’t the only thing that lets you enroll or change plans outside of open enrollment.
- To see the full list of life changes who may qualify you for a special registration period.
- You can also answer a few quick questions to see if you can sign up or change a plan.